Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Outside My Southern Comfort Zone

I have spent the greater part of the past two days getting our house put back together, doing laundry, all those boring type things, BUT I have also spent a lot of time listening to great music!!!

It is absolutely amazing how much easier all the mundane tasks in life seem when you're dancing around the kitchen cleaning it and breaking out a mean air guitar!! 

Anyway, I was listening to "Southern Comfort Zone" by Brad Paisley a few minutes ago and thinking to myself how nervous I am to go back to work tomorrow. The past 2 weeks have been so absolutely amazing! I have been able to focus on myself and not stress about things and tomorrow I have to put myself back in the realm of reality.  I work hard (not meaning to toot my own horn, but hey, this is my blog so I guess there isn't really a better place to ha ha ha ), about 70 or so hours per week and thats usually 6 days per week so this is going to take some organization and planning but I know I can do it. It's just definitely outside my comfort zone, but there really isn't anything about this whole Lap Band thing that isn't outside my normal comfort zone!!

I looked at the schedule for the gym where I work (yes, we have a gym. no, I have not been there nor do I know their typical hours of operation!!! Le Sigh! I SOOOOO needed to make this life change!) and I am pretty impressed with the classes they have and also with the hours they have. I think the gym should definitely be feasible before I head home in the evenings!

Oh, also, I go to the surgeon's office tomorrow for him to check on my incision sites etc etc. Let's see what he has to say about how they are healing and see if I can start putting lotion on them so they heal up nice!

One last thing, I talked to my hubby about getting Wii Fit for our Wii. If there is anyone who reads this and has positive or negative things to say or recommendations as far as that goes, please let me know!!




"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are" - EE Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment