Saturday, December 22, 2012

Holy Protein Shake, Batman!!!

Today was a crummy, nausea filled day from the get go. I have never gotten carsick before, but I was severely nauseated today and it took everything in my power to keep from throwing up all over the place. I am scared to pieces of throwing up because it honestly still Smarts quite a bit to cough and even to laugh so I cannot even imagine how terrible retching would be!! Anyway, I ended up giving up and doubling my dose of nausea meds and finally got it under control around 7 or 8pm. Thank goodness!!

I started worrying earlier today because I am supposed to be having 3-4 protein shakes per day and I honestly haven't had any and it has been 5 days since surgery. I have tried 3 or 4 different powders and all of them made me even nauseated than I was already feeling so I did some searching around and found some already mixed protein shakes and we will just have to see how they work! My sweet husband drove me to 3 different stores looking for protein shakes!

Here's to finding a reasonable protein source!!

“We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle.”
- Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment