Saturday, December 22, 2012

Merry Christmas to me...

So I guess I should introduce myself. I'm 26 years old, married, no kiddos, busy working girl trying to take the world by storm. Really though I had only been taking the world by shallow, labored and asthmatic breaths. Just like so many other people, I had tried every diet out there, and though they worked for a little while, I always gained the amount I lost plus some extra. The last time I remember feeling truly comfortable in my skin was when I was a senior in high school (nearly a decade ago...). Side note - while typing that, I realized that I have wasted 1/3 of my life feeling bad about myself and feeling uncomfortable in my skin - that is awful! Back to the story - I can't quite explain what happened in April, but something happened and I scheduled an appointment with a surgeon  to talk about getting Lap Band. I'm pretty sure  most of you at least know about Pinterest, even if you aren't addicted like I am, the other day, I saw a saying on there that hit me like a ton of bricks because I couldn't have put words to it myself, but it says "actually, I just woke up one day and realized that I didn't want to feel like that any more or ever. So I changed." And that's pretty much what happened.

Anyway, after the first appointment with the surgeon came 3 months of meetings with a dietitian, a psychological eval and an Upper GI series. After all those were completed and we were ready to schedule a time, we scheduled it for December 17. I had wanted to do it earlier on the year but be size of the hoops to jump through with insurance and a multitude of work commitments, I decided on the 17th and have actually taken off through the 2nd of January to recuperate and pamper myself appropriately.

So far, my thoughts are, this is one hell of a big change but I am so excited for it!!!

Right now, my meals (term used loosely as I am only taking in liquids for the first 2 weeks) consist are very regimented from the dietitian but that is actually really wonderful because I have time to make myself accustomed to the differences and get settled in before I have to start coming up with my own meals.

I think this is enough for tonight. We have to get up early because tomorrow we are packing up to go to my sister's house for the Holidays! My bag is an interesting mix of protein powder, sweats and leggings I can wear with tunics so I don't look like a slob the entire time (jeans are not an option as of yet. I tried on a pair today and immediately took them off... I want to thank The Lord, hopefuly for the last tome,for elastic waistbands!!)

Alas, it is time to say good night but not without one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite ladies...


"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it is better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment