Today started out shitty and just got shittier as the day progressed and I realize it is only noon but SERIOUSLY, everything thing that could have gone wrong has gone wrong and instead of rolling with the punches I just started crying. It's been bad. I don't want to perseverate on the details because I have been doing that all morning, so I want to talk about some positive things that have been going on instead because I want the day to be better.
1. My attending let us leave at 10 today so I am actually getting some time to be a human, which is really nice.
2. The pooches are at the groomers getting fluffy, so they will be super cuddly tonight
3. I have my 52 week marathon training program all planned out and typed up onto a nice calendar that I'm going to hang on my fridge and check off every day. It starts out super easy (walking 28 minutes and jogging 2 minutes) and progresses slowly, which is really nice and what I need to make it happen. I mixed a couch to 5K plan and Hal Higdon's marathon training plan (his plan starts with running 3 miles so i figured that I could just do a C25K and flow nicely into the marathon plan.
4. I am doing my 4 miler this weekend. I will most certainly be walking it but I'm still very very excited! (I'm having some plantar faciitis from hell that's not been my friend when trying to run)
5. I turned in my 4th year scheduling stuff. I can't believe that in just a little over a year I will be done with medical school and about to start a residency. It just doesn't seem real.
6. The most boring, worst rotation will be over Friday as soon as I finish my final. God willing, I will never, ever, ever have to do it again and that makes me such a happy lady!
7. I am giving myself today as a total cheat day (i planned to do this even before today went to hell in a hand basket) and then starting brand new and fresh on May 1st. I have everything planned out and am excited about it!
Those are all the things I can think of right now. I think I am going to take a nap and then study.
Happy Tuesday everyone.