Sunday, March 10, 2013

Oy Veh!!

I have been absent big time this week and I spent the night at my mom's last night so I didn't weigh in this morning either.

So here's what's been going on ---

Monday - Business as usual - super busy day in the hospital -- they had me taking care of the ICU patients and it was wonderful :-) we did central lines and I learned oodles!!

Tuesday - I met with the counselor and talked about stress management and ways to reduce anxiety. I am going to start yoga and I meet back with her in 1 week

Wednesday - took a test - almost had a panic attack - felt crappy all day.

Thursday - I had a root canal -- there was an infection -- it is the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my entire life and I thought I was going to die.  I couldn't take ibuprofen (as you all know) so I tried to tough it out with tylenol but it really wasn't cutting it

Friday - they sent me home because my face was so swollen and I looked miserable - I called the surgeon's office and asked if I could pretty please take some children's motrin (the liquid) and they said okay - i stayed at home and iced my face taking tylenol and motrin (liquid on both of those) alternating every 4 hours -- TERRIBLE!

Saturday - OMG I thought I was going to die! I found some of the pain meds I had left over from the lap band surgery and took those with little to no relief (WHAT THE WHAT?!?!?) so I called my mom because I didn't know what else to do (when in doubt, call mom!!) and I drove out to her house icing my face and crying all the while -- side note, my husband was being a giant dickwad because I told him that he couldn't bring his machining tools into the extra bedroom because he has the entire garage which is rather large to work in and he got very mad and me and refused to talk to me and then went to work and wouldn't answer the phone when I tried to call... I will be remembering this for quite a while!!) -- anyway, my mom called the dentist who had referred me to the dental surgeon and talked to him for me and at about 10pm he called in some lortab (which make me itch so I have to take with benadryl) and some big time serious antibiotics. -- The Lortab took some of the edge off the pain but I took them every 4 hours and they still really weren't doing much.  -- My parents wouldn't let me leave their house because of all the meds they didn't want me to drive so I slept at their house and they pampered me -- they are so wonderful

Sunday - tossed and turned until around 6am when i got up to take meds -- my face was more swollen and still hurt.  around 2pm i decided I would try some ibuprofen with the lortab and got some relief and was able to take a nap until about 5pm.  Now the ibuprofen has worn off and I am about 2 hours away from more lortab and it is killing me!! UGHHH! I am going to ice my face again. Oh, and my husband still isn't talking to me... not nice... not nice at all...

Plans for the up coming week:
Monday - clinic 8-5 then teaching some of the 1st year students how to suture from 530-8

Tuesday - I go to the dentist to have a crown put on my tooth - I SERIOUSLY hope the antibiotics have done some good by then and the pain has decreased! I go back to the counselor and tell her that I haven't done anything she recommended yet and feel bad about it - ugh!

Wednesday - Friday - Clinic 8-5 (Yoga at 6pm these 3 nights so maybe I will be able to go)

Friday - Sunday - FRIENDS COMING TO TOWN TO VISIT!!! (I am super excited!)

Anyway, I am going to try to remember to weigh myself in the morning and I'll post an update about that.

Here's to hoping this week isn't anything like last week!!!


  1. What a weekend....oh hon, I really hope you feel better soon!!!

  2. Sorry you've been having such a rough time! With that much pain, I think you should take whatever pain meds you want and to hell with what your surgeon says. (Which is super easy for me to say with absolutely no medical training.) Hope things are improving!

  3. Yikes, hope you're feeling better.