Wednesday, January 23, 2013

People watching instead of working....

I went to the coffee shop tonight to study and catch up on some work and also eat a cookie (which was MARVELOUS!!). As I sipped my coffee I over heard this beautiful girl who was over weight listening to this last preaching to her about some new miracle diet with some supplements that was going up change her life. My heart sank. I have been there. Desperate to find something that works... Trying anything, healthy or not.

I am so thankful that I made the decision to have the lap band done. I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to go shopping for pants in a smaller size. I am so thankful that I'm no longer desperate and that I have a plan.

So I'm going to finish up what I'm doing here and in going to take my butt to the gym and sweat off the cookie and hopefully I'll remember how thankful I am as Im cursing the treadmill tonight.


"The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal, the tragedy on life comes from having no goal to reach."
-Benjamin Mays

No comments:

Post a Comment