Monday, December 31, 2012

Over the river and through the woods...

After quite literally "state jumping" for the last week and a half, we are back home snuggled in. The pooches made the rise from the kennel without any big to-do's (we have two ridiculously car sick pooches so that's quite a feat)!! I am excited to weigh in in the morning and see where I am! I am going to count the weight from my last visit to the dietitian when I started my special diet for the 10 days before surgery as my starting weight because I will never forget that weight. Largest number of my life and I NEVER EVER want to feel the way I felt seeing that number on the scale.

As an aside, I always thought 140 would be my ultimate goal because for some reason I thought that was what would be healthy. HOWEVER, I am 5'9" and while 140 is definitely a healthy weight (BMI of 20.7), 160-165 (BMI 23.6-24.4) is also very healthy and so 163 (BMI 24.1) is my ultimate goal weight and I'm excited to have a solid longterm goal to be working towards. I have a very type A personality so having a number in mind really makes my OCD happy ha ha ha!

On a completely different note, I am so glad we still have some eggs and apple sauce in the fridge so I can go grocery shopping tomorrow after breakfast! That was a super nice surprise!!!! I was dreading having to run to the store to get food (as I get to start adding in puréed meats and fruits/veggies tomorrow!!).

Anyway, I am exhausted from all the travel and oh so excited to sleep in my own bed!!!



"you are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream." - C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment