Thursday, December 27, 2012

One, two, buckle my shoe...

Today more than before for some reason I realized this is all a process and I just have to take it one step at a time. I am a creature of habit. My husband frequently lovingly teases me about my OCD and need to control things in my life. I think I would get freaky OCD quick if he wasn't here to make me calm down and just go with the flow and for that I am very thankful!!!

Anyway, that said, the changes to my daily routine and the changes in my life in general were getting to me today. Everyone had coffee this morning, and I absolutely adore the taste of coffee but I quit drinking it on the 7th of December in preparation for my surgery and I absolutely miss it. Smelling the coffee in the room this morning was tough for me. I am not sure when I am going to be able to drink coffee again but that is something I want to the dietitian about because I miss coffee.

The other big thing that happened was I got to see my very best friend. I only get to see her a couple times per year and I am very lucky because she is also my sister-in-law so I get to see her when we come to my husbands parents house!!! Anyway when she came to pick us up at the airport yesterday she said "oh my!!! You shrank!!" It was so funny and we both started laughing so hard and my husband looked at us both like we are crazy (you know how it goes with close friends). It was so nice to hear though and she would never say something that wasn't true because we value our friendship too much to pollute it with niceties. I can always count on her to be honest and it was so neat to get her honest reaction!!!

Here's to many more wonderful reactions!!!




"You can always tell what kind of a person a man really thinks you are by the earrings he gives you." - Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment